Top 5 Things To Do Before Buying A Quad City Home
Here at The Bassford Team, we understand that the decision to buy a house in the Quad Cities can lead to potential uncertainties during the purchasing process. This is why it’s so important to work with a knowledgeable, reliable, and professional real estate agent.
Although you’ll probably have multiple to-do lists running simultaneously, there are a handful of things that should take a higher priority when it comes to buying a new house. Featured below are five crucial things to take into consideration before you even pack the first moving box.
- Figure out what type of property will suit your family best. Do you have soon-to-be college students that will be flying the coop within the next few years? Are you planning on adding a sibling or two to your pack of kiddos? Knowing how many bedrooms, bathrooms, and overall space you’ll need is key to purchasing a QC property.
- Make a detailed list of deal breakers. For example, if you are someone who requires a wheelchair-accessible entryway, then a house on a 3rd Floor walk-up wouldn’t be ideal. Similarly, if you’re a person who enjoys natural lighting, then you probably shouldn’t purchase a property that doesn’t allow for some sunlight to shine into the residence.
- Are you a pet owner? We all love & treasure our pets, and since nobody likes an uncomfortable living area, make sure to not forget about your furry or feathery friends and how much interior/exterior space they will need to live a happy life.
- Will you be selling your current home in order to finance this future property purchase? If so, consider contacting your banking institution to begin the necessary paperwork. If you’re seriously shopping for a new house, you’ll need a substantial amount of money for the initial down payment.
- Will you be hiring a moving service? Depending on the extent of items that will need to be transferred from one house to another, you should consider contacting a group of professional movers to come in, pack up, and do the heavy lifting so you don’t have to.
Buy Your Next Home With The Bassford Team!
Although there will certainly be more tasks that will need to be taken care of before you sign on the dotted line, you can rest assured that The Bassford Team will be there every step of the way. If you have any questions about buying a house in the Quad Cities, please feel free to give us a call today at (309) 292-3681 to schedule an appointment.
Post a Comment