The Secret to Successfully Selling a House in the Quad Cities
While we patiently wait for the flurries to fall here in the Quad Cities, consider using this snow-filled day as an opportunity to call The Bassford Team about selling your QC house!
Selling a home can be a daunting task and oftentimes current homeowners simply just don’t know where to start. If this sounds like a familiar situation, then take a look at these helpful home-selling tips from The Bassford Team.
- Remove any personal items such as picture frames with family photos, religious relics, and any other heirloom or hand-me-down. Tons of random, messy clutter can also cause issues, and while it might be slightly challenging to maintain a high level of cleanliness while simultaneously packing your own boxes, a potential homebuyer should ultimately be able to envision their own stuff in this space.
- Clean, scour, and scrub every single surface in your current home. Be sure to hit those hard-to-reach corners, light fixtures, ceiling fans, or any other crevice that seems to collect dust quite quickly.
- Basic maintenance. We all get busy with our daily routines and typically just add those tiny chores to our never-ending to-do lists, but now is the time to replace those burned-out lightbulbs, broken drawer handles, and busted blinds. Deep-cleaned carpets and a fresh coat of paint on the walls will do wonders for the wow factor.
- Yard work. This will vary depending on the time of year. Wintertime home-sellers should shovel, plow, and salt all paths leading to/from the property to ensure the safety of your visitors. Alternatively, if you’re trying to sell your house during the summer, you’ll need to mow the lawn and tidy up any toys or outdoor furniture that may be in disarray. Planting pretty flowers and pressure-washing the walkways will add to the curb appeal as well.
- Temporarily board or take your pets over to grandma’s place during scheduled open houses. This may sound harsh, but some people are afraid of animals and others have allergies; it’s important to take the buyer’s needs into consideration. Plus, your property should be available to everyone on the real estate market, not just pet owners.
- On the day of your showing, strategically place a few floral arrangements around the house and light some nice-smelling candles with inviting aromas like freshly-baked cookies or homemade apple pie. Set out light refreshments or snacks for your guests, and let The Bassford Team do the rest!
Call Us Today!
For additional information about selling a house in the Quad Cities, please request a free brochure through a quick & easy contact form located on our website. To speak with an associate directly, call The Bassford Team today at (309) 292-3681.