Helpful Home-Selling Tips from The Bassford Team
Back to the Selling Basics
The decision to sell a house isn’t one that a person should enter into lightly. However, if you’ve already jumped that emotional hurdle, here are a few quick tips from The Bassford Team that will hopefully help you achieve the maximum profit possible for your Quad City property.
- Remove personal decorations. Potential homebuyers want to envision themselves living in that particular space, which will be hard to do if your homemade picture frames and family heirlooms are hanging up around the house.
- Consider hiring a professional cleaner to come in and deep-condition the carpets, upholstery, hardwood floors, or any other surface that could use some elbow grease.
- Break out the Swiffer and get to work dusting those ceilings, crannies, crevices, and other hard-to-reach corners that are frequently overlooked.
- Replace or touch up any broken fixtures or finishes that may have become worn down over the years. You’d be surprised at how far you can stretch $40 at a local home improvement store.
- Get caught up on your yard work and maintenance. Sweep up the sidewalks, driveway, and any other paths along your property. Mow the grass, trim the hedges, and put away any other unnecessary outdoor items like bicycles, gardening tools, swimming pool toys…etc.
- Board your pets or find a temporary sitter for them while you’re showing the house. You wouldn’t want a potential buyer to leave because of their animal fears or allergies.
- Add warm & welcoming finishing touches like fresh-cut flowers, nice-smelling candles, and perhaps some light refreshments. Make it an inviting environment for guests and buyers of all ages.
Schedule An Appointment Today!
Selling a house in the Quad Cities should be an easy, hassle-free experience for all parties involved, which is exactly why you should contact The Bassford Team before signing on the dotted line. If you would like additional information about selling a property in the QC area, please give us a call at (309) 292-3681 to speak with a qualified and knowledgeable associate.